Contact me on LinkedIn if you want to book me as a speaker for your event.
These are some possible topics for talks based on the content of the book:
- Bootstrapping versus working with venture capital
- Free and open source software (legal aspects, monetization, business models,...)
- How to put a value on a start-up / scale-up (case study)
- Growing a business from start-up to exit
- Global-born companies; internationalization; cultural differences in business
- From nerd to entreprenerd; from entrepreneur to investor
- Making your start-up investor-ready; strategies for growth
I'm also interested in "meta" talks, for instance about the process of writing / self-publishing a book.
In the past, I was a speaker at events such as JavaOne / Oracle Code One (San Francisco, California), the Great Indian Developer Summit (Bengaluru, India), Devoxx (Antwerp, Belgium), SXSW (Austin, Texas), the Tech Startup Day (Brussels, Belgium), the ETDA Conference (Bangkok, Thailand), the Open Source India Days (Bengaluru, India), and The Big Squeeze (Brussels, Belgium). I was a guest lecturer at the Antwerp Management School, the University College Leuven-Limburg, and the Solvay Brussels School for Business & Economics.
I have a preference for IRL events, for which I am willing to travel. Unfortunately, those events will only be possible once the majority of the world has been vaccinated against Covid-19.